Lively Stones is an online platform by students and for students designed to promote godliness and celebrate excellence.
This is a platform through which Christian students can express their knowledge, gifts and abilities, as well as share in the experiences of other Christians on campus. Our intention is to bring Christians in Universities across the UK together, support each other to get closer to God, and become all that God wants us to be.
The inspiration for Lively Stones comes from the scriptures:
“You are living stones that God is building into his spiritual temple. What’s more, you are his holy priests. Through the mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God…” – 1Peter2:5 (NLT)
‘’And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works.’’ – Hebrews 10:24 (NKJV)
Team Work Makes The Dream Work
There are so many ways you could support us, and that includes:
- Connect with us– Follow us on twitter @_Livelystones and like our Facebook page: Lively Stones. Please also ask your friends to do the same.
- Donate– You could also give us a donation (no amount of money is too small to support God’s work). Instructions on how to donate is at the bottom of the home page.
- Event manager– We are currently looking for someone to take over our ‘Events page’. You do not necessarily have to attend events if you do not want to. All you have to do is to make sure that our events page is full of events that will be beneficial to young Christians.
- Content Creators– You could send in videos, take photos of things you care about or even write a piece about anything. You could share a poem, fiction, an article about your faith or your experience at university. There are no restrictions on what you can share with us, as long as it doesn’t go against the word of God. You could also help us organise and conduct interviews which will be featured in our ‘Lively Connect’ page.
- Social Media and publicity– Be responsible for interacting with other people and creating publicity for us via our online platforms.
- Media & Graphic– Help us create beautiful designs and pictures which we can be used to pass across information on our online platforms.
- Editor– Help us review our contents and determine when and how they get published. For this role, someone who is highly fluent and literate in English is ideal.
- Transcribe– Be the first person to know the content of our interview before they get published on the website. We are always looking for people to transcribe our interviews into forms appropriate for the website.
To register your interest for any of these roles, send the following information to email@example.com :
Name, email, phone number, address, gender, religion, current academic status, role (s) you are interested in, relevant skills & Interests.
Please bear the following in mind:
- Previous experience is not required to work with us
- You have to be a Christian
- You have to be studying or have studied in the U.K
- All our roles are currently unpaid
- All our roles are very flexible, and can be done as a one-off, part time or full time basis. Whenever is convenient for you is convenient for us. We would just like to work with as many young Christians as possible !
If you think of other ways that you would like to support us that has not already been mentioned, please contact us to let us know. God bless you!
- firstname.lastname@example.org–For enquiries and feedback
- email@example.com– To send us contents for our website or show interest in becoming a part of the lively stones team. Also, did you start a business or a project while you were a student here in the UK? Is your business or project targeted at Christian students here in the U.K ? We want to hear all about it and share it with others. Please get in touch.
- firstname.lastname@example.org– Send details of your events to us so we can help you publicise it on our website and social media platforms for FREE!!!
- email@example.com–For sales, marketing, advertisement and sponsorship.
- firstname.lastname@example.org– Because we love you, we would like to pray with you and for you. Please send us your prayer requests.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.